Under general supervision, provides advanced emergency rescue and paramedic care to the ill and injured. Guides and supports EMT Basic technicians in the application of appropriate EMS techniques, as required. Performs direct illness/injury assessment and management, preparation for transport, transfer of information, and patient care.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
New York State Certification as Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic
Meets NYS DOH Policy Statement 00-10 Qualifications for EMS personnel
ARC/AHA Professional/Healthcare Provider CPR
Valid NYS Drivers License
Minimum 1 year experience as EMT-P
21 years of age
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Successfully complete SEQ Internship program including narcotic, alternate airway, and protocol test
Become a cleared practitioner in the Monroe-Livingston County Regional EMS System
Must pass a post-offer, pre-employment physical and drug screening
Must pass a post-offer, pre-employment license and criminal background check
May be required to complete TB and rubella titer test
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT
* Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises
* Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work, heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling
* Work environment involves potential exposure to dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions
* Will work with blood or bloodborne pathogens requiring OSHA training
* Will work with a wide variety of personnel in potentially stressful situations.
Southeast Quadrant MCCU has three classifications of employees/members, described below.
Hourly Staff Technicians are paid an hourly rate for each hour worked, regardless of number of calls covered. There are different types of hourly positions:
Part-time staff generally work a fixed schedule each week, less than 32 total hours each week.
Full-time staff generally work a fixed schedule each week, with a minimum of 32-40 scheduled hours.
There are other differences between employee/membership classifications; refer to the SEQ by-laws and policies and procedures.
Nothing on this website should be construed as an offer of employment or agreement of specific salary/benefits. Offers of employment are made by regular U.S. mail, and current wage and benefit policies are governed by the SEQ By-Laws and Standard Operating Procedures.
How to Apply
Apply by downloading the application and returning it by U.S. Mail. (This option requires Adobe Acrobat Reader).